Unleash your creativity! All PCY students are invited to submit original artwork for the 2021-2022 Reflections arts recognition program. This year’s program theme is “I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD BY....”
The PTA Reflections program welcomes students of all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Reflections is a national arts recognition program that has had over 10 million students participate since the program began in 1969.
The Reflections program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
Your child can submit in o the following one or more of these categories (please refer to Category Description for detailed descriptions of each category and rules for submission):
The Reflections program is organized into divisions based on grade level. The following four divisions are open to PCY students:
- Primary– Preschool-Grade 2
- Intermediate– Grades 3-5
- Middle School – Grades 6-8
- Special Artist – All grades. Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities. The Special Artist Division welcomes all grades and all abilities and offers non-artistic accommodations for students to participate fully in PTA Reflections. Please refer to Special Artist Guidelines for entry requirements.
Student submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
DEALINE Friday, October 29nd 2:30pmThis year, entries preferably are submitted electronically. If you wish to submit a hard copy, you may drop it off in the labeled box in the PCY front office. Please ensure that each entry includes its own student entry form (required). All entries are due by Friday, October 29, 2021 at 2:30 pm sharp.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Rules and Entry Forms
If you wish to submit a hard copy, you may drop it off in the labeled box in the PCY front office. Please ensure that each entry includes its own student entry form (required). All entries are due by Friday, October 29, 2021 at 2:30 pm sharp: Reflections Student Entry Form.pdf
All participating PCY students who submit an entry will receive a special treat and certificate after the submission window closes. The date and time are to be determined. In addition, the 1st place winners at PCY in their category will receive either a prize or gift card. Winners will be announced in November.
State and National Awards
Reflections is a nation-wide arts appreciation and recognition program for students sponsored by the National PTA. The program recognizes students at the school, council, district, state and national PTA levels. Student entries are first recognized, judged and celebrated by their school. Selected entries are then chosen to represent the PTA at each subsequent level (council, region, state). Once entries reach the state level, the state PTA may select entries to submit to the National PTA. Student artwork submitted to California State PTA by a district PTA will be considered for an Award of Excellence and an Award of Merit.
***Deadline for Reflections Program entries is October 29, 2021***